A rich, tasty favourite and indulgent dish to order in restaurants:
Here is my take on Paneer Butter Masala.
500 grams paneer cubes
1/2 cup butter
2 Bay leaves
I onion, chopped
1 tablespoon Ginger paste
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Kasoori methi
1/4 cup Fresh cream
1 tablespoon oil
- Heat half the butter with the oil on medium heat in a kadai.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook till the onions are soft, for about 6 minutes.
- Now add all the spies and the tomatoes.
- Let this cook till the oil separates, and then blend the mixture in a food processor.
- In the kadai, heat the remaining butter and add the pureed mixture to the kadai.
- Let this cook for a few minutes and then add the paneer.
- Pour in half a cup of water, add the salt and cover the kadai with a lid.
- Let this cook for around 5 minutes and then add the kasoori methi.
- Take off the heat and drizzle the cream in and mix.
- Eat hot with chapatis or rice.