Hi I’m Binny, a London based founder and editor of the award winning Blog – Binny’s Food and Travel. I was born and raised in Kenya, where my family still reside.
I spent 10 years working in a bank in Canary Wharf, managing both an Investments Funds and Sharedealing Platform until September 2017, when I took the leap to leave my corporate desk job to become a full time blogger and also started my own business running my Social Media Consultancy, Binny Shah Patel Social.
As I grew up in Kenya, surrounded by all the incredible wildlife, I have always had a keen interest in Wildlife Conservation and I am a keen supporter in the fight against poaching and an advocate of ethical wildlife experiences.
I am an ambassador for #TeamAnimals for World Animal Protection and closely work to promote the work of Born Free Foundation and Four Paws.
My passion and hobby is writing and photography and I love to write about food, whether it is sharing my recipes for dishes I love influenced from my upbringing in Kenya and my Indian heritage, or to share my experiences dining out in restaurants. I also love to travel and frequently share hotel reviews, destination guides and lots of travel inspiration on my blog.
I’ve been featured in The Guardian, Telegraph, Metro, Readers Digest, CNN, Eastern Eye, Asian Voice and have been the Travel editor for Blogosphere Magazine twice.
Accolades and Achievements
- Finalist – The British Indian Awards 2020
- Finalist in the Asian Media Awards 2019 for ‘Best Blog’
- Shortlisted as a ‘Travel Influencer of the Year’ at the Blogosphere Magazine awards 2019.
- In 2018 I won the Post Office Travel and Food Blogger of The Year.
- In 2016 I was a finalist in the UK Blog Awards 2016 for both Travel and Lifestyle.
- In 2015 I was awarded Highly Commended in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy reading my blog 🙂
If you want to contact me you can email me at email@example.com