Hi I’m Binny, a London based founder and editor of the award winning Blog – Binny’s Food and Travel Diaries. I was born and raised in Kenya, where my family still reside.
I spent 10 years working in a bank in Canary Wharf, managing both an Investments Funds and Sharedealing Platform until September 2017, when I took the leap to leave my corporate desk job to become a full time blogger and also started my own business running my Social Media Consultancy, Binny Shah Patel Social.
As I grew up in Kenya, surrounded by all the incredible wildlife, I have always had a keen interest in Wildlife Conservation and I am a keen supporter in the fight against poaching and an advocate of ethical wildlife experiences.
I am an ambassador for #TeamAnimals for World Animal Protection and closely work to promote the work of Born Free Foundation and Four Paws.
My passion and hobby is writing and photography and I love to write about food, whether it is sharing my recipes for dishes I love influenced from my upbringing in Kenya and my Indian heritage, or to share my experiences dining out in restaurants. I also love to travel and frequently share hotel reviews, destination guides and lots of travel inspiration on my blog.
Accolades and Achievements
- Finalist in the Asian Media Awards 2019 for ‘Best Blog’
- I was recently shortlisted as a ‘Travel Influencer of the Year’ at the Blogosphere Magazine awards 2019.
- In 2018 I won the Post Office Travel and Food Blogger of The Year.
- In 2016 I was a finalist in the UK Blog Awards 2016 for both Travel and Lifestyle.
- In 2015 I was awarded Highly Commended in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy reading my blog 🙂
If you want to contact me you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org