Matar Paneer is a popular and decadent North Indian dish which is a combination of paneer and peas cooked in a delicious tomato based gravy. This is a real treat to have for lunch or dinner!
- 200 grams paneer (cubes)
- 1 cup green peas, boiled
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- coriander to garnish
- In a kadai, heat 2 tablespoons oil on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds, and when they sizzle, add the green chillies, onions, garlic and ginger.
- Cook till the onions are soft, and then add the chopped tomatoes, and salt.
- Let this cook for around 8 minutes then take off heat and set aside to cool down.
- Once cooler, blitz this mixture.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the kadai again.
- Add the mixture and cook on medium heat till the oil separates.
- Now add the peas, paneer and spices.
- Let this cook for around 10 minutes, mixing in intervals.
- Taste and add more salt if needed and garnish with some chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with chapatis or rice.