Sweet potato fries are my favourite root vegetable fries and they are healthier too. Did you know sweet potatoes are a source of vitamin C? These taste good slightly salted and spiced and here is my recipe:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thin wedges. Cut them as thin as you can.
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Place the sweet potato fries on a foil lined baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Enjoy hot