This is such a satisfying dish, especially if you are a bhindi lover. It is my go to comfort dish when I want something simple, satisfying and scrumptious.
- 1 cup chopped okra
- 1 red chilli, chopped (you can also use green)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- 400ml water
- 40 grams besan (gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a frying pan, heat the 2 tablespoons coconut oil on medium heat and fry the okra for 5 minutes and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the water and gram flour until smooth.
- Add the yoghurt in and mix well.
- In a saucepan/Kadai, heat the vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and when they start to sizzle, add the chilli, curry leaves and ginger.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then add the yoghurt mixture.
- Add the turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and add the fried okra.
- Add more water if the mixture is too thick.
- Let this cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Serve with either rice or chapatis.