A lovely fragrant and delicious dish. The combination of methi with coconut is just wow with the added benefit of tasty spicy peas.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 500 grams green peas, pre-boiled for 10 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 handful fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tin coconut milk
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a pan/kadai, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add the cumin seeds and when they start to sizzle, add the onions.
- Cook the onions on medium heat until they are soft, for about 6 minutes.
- Now add the garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes and add the peas and methi leaves.
- Add all the spices except the garam masala and stir fry till the methi wilts.
- Now add the coconut milk and garam masala.
- Let this cook for around 10 minutes and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Enjoy with chapatis or rice.