Tindora are such cute vegetables! They look like mini cucumbers or watermelons depending on their shape and are really healthy. They are also known as Ivy Gourd.
Serves: 2 people
- 1 cup Tindora, washed
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,chopped
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of hing
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Trim the ends of each Tindora and cut lengthwise.
- Place in a bowl and add all the ground spices except garam masala and hing.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over it and set aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when they sizzle, add the garlic and hing.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then add the curry leaves, green chillies and tindora.
- Add salt and garam masala and cook for 6 minutes, stir frying regularly.
- Serve hot.