Popcorn is loved worldwide by almost everyone and has to be the best snack to eat whether you are at the cinema, watching a movie at home or just want a tasty treat. If I am at the cinema I always go for either salted or buttery popcorn (I am not a sweet popcorn girl.)
What I love about popcorn is its versatility as you can have so much fun with flavouring it in innovative ways, whether you want it sweet or savoury.
To celebrate popcorn day, I have given the classic buttery popcorn a spicy twist and trust me this is so delicious to munch on (and I must warn you it is a bit addictive too).
- 1 bag Microwaveable popcorn (or popcorn the traditional way)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Microwave the popcorn or prepare the traditional way and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the butter and olive oil and heat on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and when they sizzle, add the spices and salt.
- Mix well for a minute and add the popcorn into the pan.
- Stir the popcorn into the spicy buttery mixture and remove into a bowl.
- Eat while warm! It goes well with a cup of chai.