Happy Diwali everyone! Here is a super easy peda recipe which takes around 20 minutes to prepare and then cooling time.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cups milk powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 3/4 saffron strands or Holy Lama Spice Drops Saffron Milk masala
- In a saucepan, mix the condensed milk and milk powder thoroughly (for about 6 minutes) and then put on the hob on medium heat.
- Mix in the ghee and saffron.
- keep stirring and mixing for around 10 minutes and you will see the mixture plies away from the bottom of the pan easily.
- Take the pan off heat and let this mixture cool down a little.
- Once it is warm, knead the dough slightly and then flatten out on a clean surface.
- Shape little bits into flattened circles, or use a cookie cutter to get an unsual shape.
- Decorate the middle with chopped pistachios and let these cool completely.