Apples and indian spices…mmm a match made in heaven! This is such a quick and tasty dish perfect for lunch or dinner. It takes less than half an hour to make! Win win 🙂
Serves 2 people.
Time: 5 minutes to cut apples and chillies
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dhana jeeru (cumin and coriander powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi (turmeric powder)
- 2 red cooking apples, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder (mango powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and when they start to sizzle, add the wedges of apple.
- Cook this for around 3 minutes and then add the salt and green chillies.
- Add the rest of the ground spices and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let this cook for around 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, mix well and take off heat and serve hot.