Apples – love them in sweet and savoury recipes and here are some delicious cupcakes perfect for Autumn.
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped. Keep a few thin slices of the apple for decoration.
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice syrup. If you don’t have pumpkin spice syrup, alternate with 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder.
- 200g unsalted butter
- 220g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 220g sifted self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons sifted baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs and keep mixing, folding in the flour in batches.
- Add the baking powder, vanilla extract and pumpkin spice.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Pour the mixture into individual cake cases or in a silicon cake mould.
- Place a slice of apple on each of the cupcakes.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once ready, let them cool and they keep for 3 days.