Cabbage, which is not the most exciting vegetable can be turned into an amazing, tasty dish with this recipe! So quick and a delight to the palate. It is good for you too!
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- One green chilli
- One red onion diced
- One small tomato pureed
- A handful of curry leaves
- One small white cabbage cut into thin, short strips
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 50ml water
- Handful of coriander
1. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
2. When they start to sizzle add the onions and curry leaves and green chillies. Cook for around 5 minutes.
3. Add 50ml of water, add the cabbage, give everything a good swirl and put the lid on the pan for around 5 minutes.
4. Now add the ground spices, tomato puree and place the lid back on for 3 minutes.
5. Mix everything up and put the lid back on for a further 10 minutes.
6. If you peek at it the cabbage should have turned a lovely yellow/golden colour.
7. Take the pan off heat and garnish with some coriander.
8. Enjoy 🙂