Shortbread biscuits are impossible to resist especially with their goldeny, buttery and crumbly texture.
They are relatively quick and easy to make and with a baking time of just 17 minutes they are perfect golden morsels of goodness to enjoy on a lazy day with a cup of tea/coffee or as a dessert.
You only need basic ingredients too! Win win!
- One tablespoon milk
- 125 grams butter (butter tastes better than margarine)
- 175 grams sifted plain flour
- 50 grams caster sugar
- Mix up the butter and sugar and flour until you get a crumbly texture.
- Add the milk and knead the mixture until it is smooth and dough like.
- Form this into a big ball shape and wrap in cling foil. Place it in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Then place the dough on a floured surface and roll out using a rolling pin.
- Use cookie cutters to create some shapes and place each shape on a baking tray. I put a piece of parchment paper on the baking tray to stop the dough sticking.
- Pop the tray into the oven and bake for 17 minutes.
- You will now have delicous, goldeny biscuits to indulge on 🙂
Tip : Shortbread biscuits taste greate with strawberries and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. They make an impressive dessert to serve with a pot of tea or coffee or even dessert wine 😉