With Wild Garlic in abundance right now I thought I’d try it in a Raita and it tasted superb!
If you haven’t tried Wild Garlic before it tastes like a cross between garlic and chives and if you spot any on your daily walks pick them up! You will be able to identify by their scent. All you need to do is trim them, give them a good wash and then use them to spruce up so many dishes!
This Raita tastes great with Indian food but equally lovely as a dressing with a mixed leaf salad or as a dip with Tortilla chips, crisps or carrot batons.
- 2 cups yoghurt (I used Greek)
- 1 bunch wild garlic washed and chopped
- 5cm piece of cucumber chopped very small
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Chopped coriander to garnish
Simply blitz the yoghurt, wild garlic, cucumber and spices together and then garnish with the coriander.
Season to taste and serve chilled.