A lovely sweet, spicy and sour dish for summery days. I love the flavour the raw mango gives the curry.
- 1 cup par -boiled In a pan cubed potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green small raw mango, grated
- 1 1/2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Handful chopped coriander for garnish
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds, and when they sizzle add the ginger, garlic , green chillies and onions.
- Let this cook until the onions are soft (approximately 6 minutes).
- Add the potatoes and pureed tomatoes, and all the spices, salt and sugar.
- Let this cook on medium heat in a covered pan for around 10 minutes.
- Add the grated mango and mix well.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes and add the chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.