A quick but delicious chocolate treat to make which is ready in under an hour. It takes around 15 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to chill. Perfect treat to indulge on when watching your favourite TV show or movie.
You will need 2 small ramekins if you are serving 2 people. I used a large Denby ramekin and this mixture is exactly the right amount for it if you want to make something purely for yourself to enjoy 🙂
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 grams dark brown sugar
- 120ml double cream
- 80ml milk
- 75 grams dark chocolate, broken up into pieces
- Topping of your choice
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream and milk on medium heat. Once it simmers, take off heat.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar for around 4 minutes.
- Now add the chocolate to the saucepan of cream and milk and stir well till all combined on low heat.
- Pour this mixture over the egg yolk and sugar mixture and combine.
- Whisk this for a few minutes till smooth and then pour into ramekins.
- I topped mine with honeycomb pieces but you can literally top it with anything you like