I have recently discovered purple sprouting broccoli and it is so delicious! Here is a recipe to cook it with tagliatelle which, trust me, is so good!
- 8 stems purple sprouting broccoli, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Fresh Basil Pesto sauce
- I packet tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- In a saucepan filled with water, cook the tagliatelle as per packet instructions and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion on medium heat for around 6 minutes.
- Now add the purple sprouting broccoli, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Let this cook for around 5 minutes, and then add the pesto sauce and tagliatelle.
- Mix well and cook for around 2 minutes and then serve hot.