Baked Camembert is my guilty pleasure, with a glass of wine on the side. It tastes amazing and is ready in 20 minutes.
I love using herbs to infuse it with fragrant and delicious flavours, and my favourite herbs to use are thyme and rosemary.
These herbs are incredibly easy to grow at home and cooking with fresh herbs really does make such a big difference to the taste of a dish.
I would really recommend trying to grow herbs at home if you don’t already.
- 250 grams Camembert
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- Pinch of crushed black pepper
- Crusty bread and sliced apples to dip into the camembert.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Take the camembert out of the wrapper and place back into the round box.
- Cut 2 slits crossways in the camembert.
- Chop the garlic into small chunks and spread them inside the camembert within the slits.
- Now add thyme and rosemary leaves inside the slits too.
- Garnish with salt and pepper and drizzle the olive oil all over the top.
- Place the camembert on a foil lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy by dipping chunks of crusty bread and sliced apples in it.