- 300 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Toast of your choice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1/4 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a kadai, heat the 2 tablespoons oil on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and when they sizzle, add the onions, mushrooms, spring onions, green chillies, garlic and yellow bell peppers and let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add all the spices, mix well and let this continue cooking for 6 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, blitz all the ingredients for the Bombay Chutney in a food processor.
- Spread the chutney over your toast.
- Add the Kadai spiced mushrooms on top of the toast and enjoy with a nice cup of tea or coffee.