A glass of masala coffee is so comforting and the spices make it the perfect warming drink when you just want to relax and unwind.
Makes 4 glasses
- 500 ml milk (you can use almond milk for a dairy free version)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (add more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Cocoa powder to sprinkle on top
- Pour in the milk into a large saucepan and bring to the boil on low heat.
- Add the sugar, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and coffee.
- Mix well and put a lid on the saucepan.
- Let this simmer for 3 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Strain the mixture into glasses using a sieve.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of each glass end enjoy hot.