A sinful and truly indulgent dessert which is so simple to make and tastes so good.
Perfect to make ahead of time if you have guests coming over for dinner or to simply enjoy while watching your favourite TV show.
- 200 grams of good quality dark chocolate broken up into small chunks. Either 70% or 85% will work.
- 125ml double cream
- 100 ml hot water
- 1 tablespoon orange essence
- Handful of chopped pistachios
- Slices of orange optional
- Place a bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water.
- Add the chocolate chunks to the bowl and mix till melted.
- Take off heat and add the orange essence and mix well.
- Now pour in the hot water and stir well till all lumps have disappeared.
- Pour in the double cream and mix well.
- Now pour this mixture into little glasses or ramekins.
- Scatter the chopped pistachios on top and leave to set for an hour.
- Cut a small slit into the orange slice and place on the rim of the glass if you are using glasses.