Brussels Sprouts have a tendency to divide opinions, rather like marmite…people either love it or they don’t.
However, if you add some spice to your Brussels Sprouts this festive season, I can guarantee you there will be some converts to the loving brussels sprouts side!
This recipe is really easy, quick and a crowd pleaser when you are entertaining guests this festive season.
- 300 grams Brussels Sprouts
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dhana jeeru powder
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- Couple of slices of bread
- In a food processor, add the brussels sprouts and blitz till shredded. Alternatively chop finely.
- Heat up the mustard oil in a pan/wok.
- Add the cumin seeds and when they sizzle, turn the heat to medium and add the chopped onions and green chillis.
- Let this cook for 3 minutes and then add the ginger and garlic.
- Now add the shredded brussels sprouts and mix well.
- Add the spices and stir fry the mixture for 5 minutes and then take off heat.
- Trim the crust off the slices of bread and cut the bread into triangles.
- Add the spiced brussels sprouts to each triangle and serve warm.