A warming spicy homemade chutney, absolutely perfect for Autumn and so quick and easy to make. This goes well with crisps, poppadum, bread and cheese.
- 3 apples, chopped and cubed
- handful of chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/e teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- In a saucepan, add the apple, lemon juice, ginger, sugar, black pepper and spices.
- Let this cook on low heat until the apples are really soft.
- Add in the coriander and mix well.
- Take off heat, and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Pour it all into a food processor and blitz.
- Now fill up a jar with it and this will keep for 3 days in the fridge.