This chutney reminds me of growing up in Mombasa, Kenya. We would dip hot bhajias or packed potatoes into it and scoop up big chunks. A creamy and mild chutney but so full of flavour. Transports you to a tropical climate instantly.
It is relatively simple to make and lasts for 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Perfect to use as a spread in sandwiches, or as a dip for crisps as it is a very versatile chutney and super yummy!
- 1 cup of greek yoghurt (add more if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups of coriander
- 1 cup of dessicated coconut pre-soaked in hot water.
- 3 green chillies
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (add more according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (add more according to taste)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Blitz all the ingredients except the yoghurt in a large blender or food processor. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Add yoghurt and blitz and if needed increase the amount of yoghurt to make it creamier.
- Taste for salt and sugar.
- Enjoy with bhajias or packed potatoes.