A delicious indo-chinese treat! Perfect as a side, mains or a special treat!
Serves 2 and takes approximately 40 minutes to make.
For the potatoes:
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 50 grams of corn flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Cut them into small chunks place in a bowl.
- Mix in the chilli flakes, salt, garlic and cornflour.
- Heat a deep pan or deep fryer.
- Add 2 tablespoons water to the potato mix so that the mixture coats the potatoes.
- Deep fry the potatoes in batches till they are golden and set aside on a kitchen towel to drain the oil.
- In a separate pan heat up the oil on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, tomato ketchup, rice wine vinegar, Chinese 5 spice and honey and give it a good mix.
- Now add the potatoes and chilli flakes and stir everything together.
- Cook for around 4 minutes and stir constantly.
Best served with rice or delicious enough to eat on its own 🙂