It’s soon going to be BBQ season! Why not cook up some Vegetarian Tandoori Paneer Tikka BBQ Skewers! They taste so good and they will appeal to everyone.
The best part about this recipe is that the marinade can be prepared ahead of time (even the night before) so you simply have to skewer it all up a few minutes beforehand and pop them onto the BBQ when it is all fired up.
Trust me this recipe will definitely be a crowd pleaser and a lovely addition to the BBQ menu.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 packets paneer (cut into large cubes)
- 2 red onions cut into large chunks
- Colourful peppers sliced into large pieces
- Small whole cherry tomatoes (simply add to the skewer)
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Tandoor powder
- Quarter teaspoon red chilli powder (add more if you want it hotter!)
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt (taste the marinade and adjust accordingly)
- 1 Green chilli finely diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- One tablespoon grated ginger
- One tablespoon crushed garlic
- Handful finely chopper Coriander
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- Mix all the ingredients under marinade into a large bowl and add the cubed paneer to it. Toss the paneer in the marinade mixture until the cubes are coated well. If you are preparing this in advance, refrigerate it.
- Cover and set aside until you are ready to BBQ them.
- Skewer the marinated paneer cubes alternating with onions, capsicum and tomato.
- Fire up that BBQ grill!
- Simply place on BBQ grill and keep turning until they are slightly charred. This usually can take between 4-7 minutes depending on the heat.
- Once ready, drizzle with some lemon for some extra zest.
You can add other veg to the skewer if you wish like baby potatoes, pineapples, radishes. Whatever takes your fancy!