If you have been following my blog you will know by now that I absolutely love fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) and try and incorporate them in as many dishes as I can. For a simple yet utterly delicious meal, I have used them for a creamy peas dish.
Cashew Nut Paste
- 50 grams cashew nuts. I soaked these in boiling hot water for around 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 150ml water
- 500 grams frozen peas, boiled in simmering water for 15 minutes
- Handful fresh methi, finely chopped and then spritzed with a little water
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of kasoori methi
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon amchur (mango) powder
- I teaspoon garam masala
- 150ml single cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated raw mango (optional)
- Handful of coriander to garnish
- In a blender, blitz the soaked cashew nuts, ginger and green chilli with some of the water used for soaking the cashew nuts until a fine paste.
- Next heat the butter in a saucepan on medium heat and add the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle a little salt and then cook the tomatoes for 6 minutes, stirring regularly
- Now add the chopped fresh fenugreek, cashew nut paste and 1/4 cup of water.
- Cover the pan and let this cook for around 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the lid and you will get that instant aroma of methi I love so much!
- Now add the cream, peas, spices and sugar.
- Next add the grated raw mango if using. I love the tanginess it gives this dish.
- Finally add the kasoori methi and coriander as garnish and serve hot.
PS if you have leftovers, add 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup cream to make a delicious soup!