The word Taco means the Mexican equivalent of the English word sandwich. The tortilla, which is made from corn or wheat, is wrapped or folded around fillings, of which you can be as creative as you wish.
Tacos are so much fun to eat and here is a quick and easy, yet delicious, spicy vegetarian version, perfect for a tasty and enjoyable lunch or dinner.
I have collaborated with Gran Luchito sauces for this recipe, who have a wonderful range of Mexican condiments, which go perfectly with Tacos, as well as other Mexican dishes – especially if you love spicy food.
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 350 grams Quorn chicken pieces
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 spring onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
- 1 teaspoon Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Pickle
- Store bought flour tortillas
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Salad leaves
- 1 mango
- 1 lime
- sliced tomatoes for garnish
- In a pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the quorn pieces, red and yellow peppers, spring onions, garlic, salt and pepper and stir fry for around 4 minutes.
- Now add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey and Smoked Chilli Pepper and around 3 tablespoons water.
- Mix well and stir fry for a further 4 minutes.
- In a blender, blitz the mango, juice of the lime and red chilli.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl, and pour over the mango, lime and chilli mixture.
- Now assemble each taco, by first placing the salad at the base and topping with the tofu mixture.
- Add a few slices of tomato and feast away!
NB: You can use chicken for a non-vegetarian version if you wish but these taste just as good and can convert any non-vegetarian into loving them!
For more information on the Gran Luchito range, go to: http://gran.luchito.com/products/