- 125 grams 70% dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons milk at room temperature
- 150 grams butter, at room temperature
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 200 grams plain flour
- 1 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Oranges, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Orange essence
- Preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and stir in the milk.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and caster sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then fold in the melted chocolate.
- Now sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between a cake tin or cupcake cases on a tray and place a slice or half a slice of orange in each one.
- Place the cake tin or cupcake tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Pop a skewer in once the baking time is completed and it should come out clean. If not, leave it in a few more minutes.
For this recipe, I used the Divine 70% Dark Chocolate and Cocoa powder.
This post is in collaboration with Divine Chocolate.