Indo Chinese food is utterly delicious. I just love the contrasting sweet and spicy notes in the flavours and cooking paneer Indo Chinese style is just such a lovely dish.
This dish takes under an hour to make and is so simple to follow and perfect for alfresco dining if you are lucky enough to have the weather to match. If not, it is just as good indoors too 🙂 This can be eaten for lunch or dinner.
For the paneer
- 250 grams cubed paneer
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
For the vegetables
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, black pepper and red chill powder and add the paneer to the mixture. Make sure the paneer is coated well.
- In a pan, add the oil and shallow fry the paneer cubes in batches until golden brown.
- Place each fried batch on a piece of kitchen roll tissue to drain the oil.
- In a separate pan, stir fry the vegetables on medium heat with garlic and ginger for about 8 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes, sauces and mix well.
- Let this cook for a further 10 minutes, stir frying regularly.
- Eat with rice and enjoy a nice chilled beer with it. In our house we love pairing spicy dishes with Kingfisher beer.
If you are lucky to have good weather by not have your meal and beer alfresco.