Whenever I find fresh Fenugreek/Methi leaves in a grocery store they are a must buy. I love the scent and the flavour they give to a dish. Cooked with paneer and tomatoes, it is certainly a taste marriage made in heaven.
- 200 grams cubed paneer
- 1/2 cup chopped methi
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon amchur (mango) powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a food processor, blitz together the garlic, ginger and chilli to make a paste.
- In a kadai, heat the oil on medium heat and add the cumin seeds.
- When they start to sizzle, add the onions and cook for 6 minutes.
- Now add the ginger, garlic and chilli paste and let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the methi and mix well. Let this cook for around 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Now add the tomatoes, 1/2 cup water and spices. Mix well and cover the pan and let it cook for 6 minutes.
- Now add the paneer and single cream and stir.
- Cover the pan again and let this cook for 8 minutes so that all the flavours infuse.
- Once ready, serve hot with chapatis or rice.