This is my favourite spicy sauce to have with chips and it is hot and addictive. It can be used for chips, which is my preferred way to eat it, or used as a marinade for chicken, which is where it’s name originated from. The best part is it is so quick and easy to make.
Here is my take on it 🙂
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, add the margarine and when it melts, add the garlic, vinegar and salt and stir together.
- Let this simmer for a minute and then add the red chilli powder, Cayenne pepper, white pepper, sugar and lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and mix well.
This sauce is so versatile and can be used in a multitude of ways.
My favourite ways to use it are drizzled on chips, or baked potatoes or as a bbq marinade for Paneer.
If you use it please let me know what you made in the comments section below 🙂