This recipe is very easy with minimal ingredients and ready in under an hour.
Serves 2 people.
- 3 cups of watercress, washed, dried and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes par-boiled for 15 minutes and then cut into cubes once cool.
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 chopped red chilli
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil on medium -hot in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds start to sizzle, add the onions and cook for around 8 minutes until soft.
- Now add the garlic, chilli and potatoes and give everything a good swirl.
- Add the potatoes, watercress and water and let this cook for around 15 minutes or more until the water has evaporated.
- Season with salt and enjoy with rice or chapattis.
Watercress can be found in supermarkets. If you want a really fresh delivery of watercress check out http://watercress.co.uk/