For a tasty potato curry try my potato, cumin and curry leaf curry. It is truly a flavoursome and fragrant dish!
- 2 medium sized Potatoes cut into medium sized cubes
- One onion diced
- One large tomato pureed
- Lots of curry leaves – approx 1/3 cup full
- Garlic – approx one tablespoon
- Ginger – approx one tablespoon
- 2 green chillies (medium hot)
- One teaspoon turmeric
- Coriander powder – one teaspoon
- Cumin powder – one teaspoon
- Garam masala – one teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – half a teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- One teaspoon crushed black pepper
- One tablespoon cumin seeds
- One teaspoon methi seeds
- Oil/ghee/coconut oil
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan of water with salt and a teaspoon of turmeric for about ten minutes.
- Once the potatoes are ready put them on a kitchen towel to drain.
- Heat the oil or ghee or coconut oil in a kadhai on medium heat.
- Add in the cumin seeds and methi seeds and when they sizzle add in the onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Give everything a good swirl and cook till onions are soft.
- Add in the pureed tomato and ground spices and cook for around 3 minutes then add the potatoes.
- Add a quarter cup of water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook this for around fifteen minutes and then your dish should be ready.
- Serve with chapatis or parathas and enjoy 🙂