Now that the weather is hotting up its only right to have food that transports you to the beach!
This curry is the perfect blend of spicy, fresh and creamy and is like a nice big bowl of liquid sunshine 🙂
What you need:
- One packet paneer (cut into cubes)
- One red onion diced
- One large tomato pureed
- One green chilli diced
- One green pepper diced
- Handful green peas
- One teaspoon cumin seeds
- One teaspoon mustard seeds
- Couple of curry leaves
- One teaspoon cumin powder
- One teaspoon coriander powder
- One teaspoon garam masala
- Quarter teaspoon red chilli powder (add more if you want it hotter!)
- Quarter teaspoon crushed black peppee
- Half a tin of coconut milk
- One tablespoon ginger
- One tablespoon garlic
- Two tablespoons ghee/coconut oil
Heat the tablespoons of ghee/coconut oil in your pan.
Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds to the pan and when they start sizzling turn the heat to medium and add the onions.
Cook this for 2-3 mins and then add the garlic, ginger, chilli and green pepper.
After 2 minutes add the pureed tomato to this mix, the curry leaves and all the ground spices except garam masala.
Let this cook for 3-4 minutes and then add the paneer, peas, the coconut milk and the garam masala.
Cover the pan and let this cook until the curry has changed to a darker colour and the consistency is thicker – around 15 minutes.
Garnish with coriander and squeeze in some lemon and salt according to the taste.
Stir well and serve with either rice or chapattis 🙂