We all want something to look forward to post Lockdown (which is hopefully by Spring) and so I thought I’d compile a list of lovely things to do in London once lockdown is over, from visiting museums, dining in at restaurants, sipping cocktails at London’s best bars or perhaps even experiencing the renowned Wimbledon Hospitality, which has taken place at the magnificent All England Lawn Tennis Club since 1877.
While staying safe at home, many of us miss exploring London more than anything. When lockdown ends, we will have a whole new appreciation for the capital’s magic.
Here are some recommendations which are also some of the things that I’m most looking forward to doing in London as soon as lockdown is over.
- The British Museum
- The V&A
- The Natural History Museum
- The Science Museum
- The Design Museum
- London Transport Museum.
Dine at Restaurants
- Head to Chinatown for Dim Sum
- Indian food at Saffron Circle
- Chinese with a view at Hutong, at The Shard
- Afternoon Tea at Shangri-La at The Shard
- Sri Lankan food at Hoppers
- Peruvian delights at Sushi Samba
- Desserts and fizz at Cakes and Bubbles
- Street food at Borough Market
- Deli by Darjeeling Express
- Smith & Whistle at Sheraton Grand Park Lane
- Aqua Shard (where The Social Media Tini was born)
- The Connaught Bar
- The Escapologist
- 68 & Boston
- The Artesian Bar at The Langham
- GONG at The Shard
- Football Match
- Pack a basket full of tasty treats and eat alfresco in one of the lovely picnic spots across London
- Spend an afternoon learning about British art from the 1500s to the present day at Tate Britain.
- Go for a Theatre show in the West End
- Go on a sightseeing cruise down the River Thames
- Go on the London Eye
- Step inside Tower Bridge
- Climb aboard the famous Cutty Sark – one of the fastest sailing ships of its time – in Greenwich.
- Grab your bubble and go experience The Crystal Maze Live Experience
- Walk through London’s scary history and discover secrets from the torture chamber at The London Dungeon
- Taking a stroll through South Bank
What are you looking forward to doing once lockdown eases?
This post is in collaboration with Keith Prowse but all photos and views are my own.