I am really enjoying making cocktails at home lately and so when the lovely folks over at Stoli Vodka sent me their Stoli® Lime to try I was really excited to get my mixologist hat on and create a special cocktail. As soon as I opened the bottle I got the aromas of freshly squeezed limes. One of my favourite ingredients in cocktails.
How amazing is it that with Stoli® Lime you get both the vodka and the lime flavour in one pour! I decided to make a refreshing cocktail with some of my favourite ingredients, that complement the lime perfectly.
Cucumber Lime Vodka Fizz
What you need:
- 1 slice of cucumber chopped
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 45ml of Stoli® Lime vodka
- 45ml sugar syrup
- Soda Water
- Ice cubes
- Add the cucumber and half of the mint leaves to your glass
- Muddle the mixture until the cucumbers are softer and slightly mashed
- Add 50ml of sugar syrup
- Now add the the Stoli® Lime vodka and ice cubes.
- Top with the soda water.
- Garnish with the remaining mint leaves and a lime wedge.
Pro tip – want to jazz it up even more? Why not add a little Prosecco for s0me fizz!
Here’s the recipe for a delicious pasta sauce that is the perfect pairing for this zesty cocktail. Hearty, fiery and lip smackingly delicious.
Pasta in Vodka Sauce
What you need:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 scotch bonnet or birds eye chilli, chopped
- Handful of peppery rocket
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp. vodka
- 450 g pasta – you can use any type
- 120 ml double cream
- 50 g freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Half a lime
- Salt for seasoning
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions and once ready, set approximately 60ml of pasta water aside.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter on medium heat and add the shallots, scotch bonnet or birds eye chilli and garlic. Stir regularly for around 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomato paste, ground pepper, rocket and chilli flakes and continue to stir until the sauce darkens slightly, approximately another 5 minutes.
- Now the exciting ingredient!Add the Stoli® Lime vodka, stir it to mix it in with the sauce.
- Add the pasta water and double cream, and mix it until well combined.
- Add half the Parmesan cheese and stir until it has melted. Add a dash of salt and more if needed after tasting.
- Now add the cooked pasta, mix well and then top with the remaining parmesan and the fresh basil leaves. Squeeze the lime all over.
I was kindly sent a bottle of Stoli® Lime vodka but all views and photos are my own.