On a hot, sunny day, I love nothing more than a creamy and cooling salad but I do love to spice it up a little! This recipe is my Indian take on the classic Potato Salad and it is so delicious. Perfect for lunches in the garden, picnics or even as a side during BBQs! Because it is best eaten cold, you can make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge till you are ready to indulge.
Next time the weather sizzles, get your chill on with this sublime salad.
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 inch cucumber chopped
- Handful fresh mint
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon coriander and cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 small radishes sliced
- Extra coriander to garnish
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into small-medium chunks and place in a pan of simmering water for around 6 minutes.
- In a blender/food processor, combine the crème fraîche, yoghurt, mayonnaise, cucumber, mint, coriander and spices and blitz and set aside in a bowl.
- Once the potatoes are ready, let them cool down.
- Now add them to the bowl along with the red onions and radishes and mix well.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and enjoy with a nice glass of wine!
Wine Pairing recommendation
For this dish, a nice fruity and floral White Wine is absolutely perfect, and I enjoyed this with Castellore Italian Pecorino, a citrus and floral Italian wine that’s fresh, floral and juicy. It’s such a pleasant drink with a crisp, dry finish. Definitely one to always have in your fridge ready to open!
Other wines that would go really well with this dish are Pierre Jaurant Pinot Gris, a delightful French wine, and Exquisite Clare Valley Riesling, an Australian gem.
You can actually buy all three of these wines (and many more incredible wines) from Aldi’s Online shop! It’s so easy to navigate and they have such a fantastic choice.
You can buy the wines mentioned above here: