Packing for a weekend away or mini short break can be harder (well at least I find it harder), than packing for a long haul trip.
Here are some ideas on how to pack more efficiently:
- Pick the right bag! I love the Antler backpack as it has so many compartments, spacious, and so convenient as you can carry it like a backpack and leave your hands free. (This is not a sponsored post I bought this bag for my weekend trip to St Malo)
- It is worth having a rough idea of what you’ll be doing. This will make it so much easier when it comes to getting the balance between smart, casual and comfortable clothing and shoes right.
- ‘Team work makes the dream work’ – Avoid packing too much by thinking about pieces that can easily be teamed together.
- Check the weather beforehand as it will be a good indicator of what to pack for long weekends.
- Wear your bulkiest items, especially shoes!
- Only pack what you need. Avoid the temptation to pack “just in case” outfits.
- Put toiletries into smaller bottles to save space.
- Roll your clothes when packing. Not only will this save space, it will avoid your clothes getting creased too.
- Make the most of your technology. If you are planning to read, download the book on your tablet or phone instead.
- Take screenshots of maps and save them on your phone. This is so useful especially if you are in an area with limited data coverage and means you don’t need to pack additional things.
- Utilize the space inside your shoes – you can stuff them with things like phone chargers, socks, nail polish, and extra pairs of sunglasses.
- Check if your hotel already provides a hairdryer and if so, don’t take yours.
- For bulky items such as camera chargers, pack a spare camera battery instead.
Do you have any tips on packing more efficiently? Would love to know in the comments below.
For more information on the Antler range of bags go to: https://www.antler.co.uk