Blogging can sometimes get overwhelming or you can suffer from writer’s block. Here are some tips for blogging more effectively based on my personal experience. If you have some additional tips comment below 🙂
Some of these tips can work if you work from home too.
- Make a list of all the tasks you need to do. The feeling of crossing each one off is amazing.
- Find a suitable space in your home (not your bed) to work from and make it comfortable. I usually blog from my box room which has a desk. Make sure you have everything you need so you don’t have to keep getting up.
- Try and blog/write stuff up while it is fresh in your mind. If you are at an event or restaurant write notes on a notepad or on your phone. I also take photos of menus in case only a sample menu is available online.
- If you are working from home or blogging, change out of your nightwear or lounge wear. This can affect what your mood is like.
- If you are blogging on top of a day time job, work out a time you are productive (morning or night) and dedicate that time to blogging. Some people use their lunch hour, some people wake up an hour earlier and others in the evening before or after dinner. Work out what works for you and your schedule.
- Take a day/evening off blogging where you catch up with friends and family, or watch box sets or read a book. It can get overwhelming so it is important to spend some time relaxing and unwinding in order to rejuvenate.
- Don’t feel down about what everyone else is doing focus on your own blog and journey.
- Support other bloggers though! It is not a competition.
- Stay organised. I highly recommend a paper diary where you can detail events, deadlines and topics you want to cover.
- Set realistic deadlines for content. I highlight this before any collaboration or review.