If you are from Mombasa, Kenya or have visited, you’ve got to know the famous Lighthouse and all the amazing street food you get there.
Grilled sweet potato with a blend of salt, chilli and sugar with a drizzle of lemon is one of the most moreish out of the choices available and here is how you make it at home.
- I large sweet potato (as many as you need)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven/grill to 220 degrees celsius. You can even do this on a BBQ.
- Cut a slit through each sweet potato, down the middle.
- Place on a foil lined baking tray and let roast for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, it should be soft.
- Mix together the salt, chilli and sugar and sprinkle as much as you desire over the sweet potato.
- Now drizzle with lemon juice and enjoy while hot.