Dippy eggs, which I love having with thin slices of toast called “soldiers,” is one of my favourite ways to eat eggs for breakfast. The trick is in getting the yolk to the perfect runny consistency and here is how I make it:
- 2 eggs per person
- Toasts cut into thin vertical slices
- Bring a half filled saucepan of water to boil on the hob on medium heat.
- Once it starts boiling, slowly lower the eggs into the saucepan.
- Let this boil for 4 minutes and then take off heat.
- Drain the hot water and pour cold water over the eggs to stop them cooking.
- Cut the top of the eggs off and dip your slices of toast in!