Ladoos are ball-shaped sweets which are normally eaten during celebrations but also when you want an indulgent treat.
Here is my recipe.
- 2 small tin of sweetened condensed milk (300g)
- 1 bar of 70% dark chocolate (I used Lindt)
- 1 tablespoon good quality cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 100 grams sifted milk powder
- Small bowl of chopped pistachios
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, condensed milk and cocoa on low heat and mix well.
- Add the milk powder and keep stirring until the mixture forms a dough like consistency.
- Take the pan off heat and let the mixture get a little cooler so you can work with it and then make small round balls from it and lay them out on clingfilm or a cooling rack.
- Let these set for around an hour and then pop them in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After they have been in the fridge for 20 minutes, remove them and set aside. Chilling them helps the chocolate coat them smoother.
- Break up the chocolate bar in a bowl over simmering water to melt it or alternatively melt it in the microwave.
- Now dip each ladoo in the melted chocolate, ensuring to cover completely and roll each one in the bowl of chopped pistachios.
- Repeat until all are done and then leave to set in the fridge.
- After an hour and a half you can enjoy these and they keep for 5 days.
Tip: You can also cover these with dessicated coconut as an alternative to pistachios.