Aren’t figs beautiful? Here is an easy recipe for indulging in a fabulous dessert – perfect for a treat and quick to make.
Serves 2 in small ramekins
Time: 30 mins including preparation
- 1 fig sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons honey infused with 3 or 4 saffron threads
- 200g of mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 cup double cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with foil and arrange the sliced figs on top.
- Drizzle the honey and saffron over the figs and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the double cream, mascarpone, sugar and vanilla essence and beat the mixture until soft. For approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins and once the figs are baked and cooled, arrange the slices on top of the mixture.
- I used a slightly bigger bowl for mine so feel free to use an alternative bowl instead of ramekins.