An easy to make Indian dessert which is lovingly called different names by different households. We call it Sooji Sheera in mine 🙂
Perfect eaten warm after a spicy indian meal and really quick to make.
- 130 grams semolina
- 100 grams ghee
- 500ml milk
- 170 grams caster sugar
- A few strands of saffron
- Handful of chopped almonds and pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Heat the ghee on medium heat and add the semolina to it.
- Keep stirring it. The semolina will develop a lovely nutty aroma.
- In a separate pan heat up the milk and add the sugar and saffron to it. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Now add the milk mixture to the semolina mixture along with the chopped nuts and cardamom powder.
- Keep mixing until the milk is absorbed into the semolina mixture and this should only take a couple of minutes.
- Take off heat, add to serving bowls and enjoy while hot!