One day he even resorted to using Tartar sauce when raita wasn’t available when we were eating out!
My standard Raita recipe is his favourite and it is made from fresh coriander and mint.
It is super easy and quick to whip up!
All you need is:
- Natural yoghurt (around half a cup),
- a bunch of fresh coriander (you can add as much as you want),
- fresh mint leaves,
- salt for seasoning,
- a pinch of crushed black pepper,
- a quarter teaspoon of cumin powder,
- a quarter teaspoon of red chilli powder,
- a handful of pomegranates (optional) and,
- a dash of lemon.
You place all the ingredients listed, except for the pomegranates, in a blender and blitz for around 50 seconds.
Once blitzed pour into a container and decorate with the pomegranates and a few scattered coriander leaves.
Store it in the fridge and it can keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
It tastes amazing with Indian food, as a dip for carrots or crisps, with burgers as a sauce…a lot of different foods!
It is super refreshing too 🙂